Skip to content

Beneficiary Services

Some documents regarding Big Bear Creek are not available to the general public, and must be accessed by logging in to the Members Only Area of the website.


Each “Qualifying Member” as defined in the Trust Agreement, is entitled to receive a one-time payment in the amount of $7,500 who has reached the age of 21, or reached the age of 18 and graduated from high school or local equivalent, whichever occurs first.

After the first fiscal year of the Trust which was December 31, 2013, Qualifying Members will receive their PCD payments of $7,500 adjusted at the prime business rate (as of December 31st of the previous fiscal Year), plus one per cent from the date the Settlement funds were received to the end of the year in which they become entitled.

For greater clarify, the amount of the PCD does not increase after the time that it becomes payable. For example, if a qualified member turns 21 in 2014 however does not collect their PCD payment until 2016, they will still only receive the same amount they would have received in 2014.

Please note that if for any reason a member fails to come forward and collect their PCD after 10 years following the year in which they become eligible, they forever forfeit their right to their PCD.

Per Capita Distribution Info & Instructions

CF001- PCD Form (CDN)

CF002 – PCD Form (USA)


Chippewas of the Thames First Nation Band Members who are 65 years of age and older are entitled to receive a monthly payment from the Income Stabilization Fund bank account.

Members are entitled in the month that they turn 65.  These payments are processed for the 15th of each month and are sent via direct deposit into a bank account in the member’s name.  The monthly payment is currently $630.00 Canadian.  If you require your payment to be deposited into a non-Canadian bank account, a currency exchange rate will be applied.  This rate is updated at the beginning of each quarter using the Bank of Canada’s website.  The quarters run as follows: January – March, April – June, July – September, and October – December.  It is important to keep your address updated as we will be sending out letters at the beginning of each quarter informing you of the monthly payments for the current quarter on payments that required an exchange rate.  We will also be mailing out on an annual basis, a “Proof of Life Certificate” two months prior to your birthday which is required to be the first of Member’s birthday month.

In order to commence receiving your monthly payment, you will need to complete the appropriate form and submit it along with a void cheque by the the 1st of the month in which you will turn 65.  If you do not have a void cheque, you may obtain a print off of your direct deposit banking information from your financial institution.  If receiving the payments by direct deposit would cause financial hardship, we can prepare the monthly payment in the form of a cheque, however we would require this request in writing, stating it would cause financial hardship.





According to the Trust Agreement, an Education Savings Plan will be established for all Child Members 19 years of age or younger.  This will provide each Child Member with a secure source of higher education funding.  At the time of the creation of the Trust Agreement dated February 2, 2013 it was anticipated that there would be changes in Canadian legislation to allow for the implementation of an Education Savings Plan, and as such no other course of action was laid out in the event it could not be achieved.  As these anticipated changes have not yet taken place, the Trustees were limited in 2013 & 2014 to retaining the funds in the Trust Account until such a time when the $10,000,000 can be invested as intended by the Trust Agreement.

In 2015, the Trustees proposed administrative amendments to Chief and Council to the Trust Agreement to allow for the implementation of an alternative until such a time when the Education Savings Plan can be achieved.  These administrative amendments were approved by Council by BCR on February 6, 2015.  Amendments made to section 16 of the Trust Agreement included the opening of an Education Trust Account and transferring into it $10,00,000 from the Trust Account.   The Annual Income earned on the Education Trust Account is to be transferred to Chippewas of the Thames First Nation to be spent as per it’s Higher Education Program, until such a time as legislation allows for the opening of Registered Education Savings Plans.


Income earned from the Main Trust Account between January 1 and December 31 of each year is transferred to Chippewas of the Thames First Nation to be used in their upcoming fiscal of April 1 – March 31 as outlined in the Trust Agreement.


If you are a Member of the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation and you would like to request copies of the Big Bear Creek Trust Agreement or the Big Bear Creek Settlement Agreement please contact the Trust Administration Manager, Nichole Doxtator at 519-289-5555.