What’s New (Updated July 27th/16)
- Chippewas of the Thames Big Canoe Press Release
- Administrative Offices CLOSED July 29th/16 for annual Band Staff Picnic
- Community Engagement August 8th & 10th! doors open at Community Centre at 4:30pm
- 2 Person Scramble Golf Tournament – Fundraiser August 20th
- Battle Of the Bands has returned! August 5th!
- Annual Competition Powwow August 27th & 28th @ Chippewa Ballpark
- International Youth Day August 12th from 10am – 5pm
Welcome to Chippewas of the Thames
Welcome! we are the Anishinaabeg of the territory of Deshkaan Ziibing, also known as Chippewas of the Thames First Nation. We call ourselves Anishinabek which means the original people. We are known as the Ojibway, which are a band of the Algonquin language family who originally migrated to the Great Lakes area from the north-eastern region of North America. Our political alliances are with the Odawa (Ottawa) and Bodaywadami (Pottawatomi) who together form the Three Fires Confederacy.
We are a forward thinking nation with a strong grasp of our traditional values. Through culture, heritage and continued education we are working towards a better future and towards being a self-governing First Nation. We are located on the north bank of the Thames River approximately 20 km southwest of London, Ontario. The majority of Southwestern Ontario is our modern traditional territory.
Please feel free to explore our website.
Miigwech, Chief White-Eye
If you are a member of COTTFN, please contact Beulah Kechego with your email or any updated address changes.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 519-289-5555 x273